A register of the books given by various benefactors to the common library of the University of Cambridge
By 1424 the library was housed in the Chapel in the upper storey of the northern range of the Schools and had grown sufficiently to warrant the production of a catalogue. The library’s rapid expansion was the result of benefaction; 99 of the 122 volumes listed in 1424 were donations, many from University members. The catalogue is arranged by subject with the donors of most volumes clearly recorded.
This manuscript has been digitised in its entirety and can be viewed by clicking “Open Digital Library” below.
UA Collect.Admin.4 , ff. 15v–17r